Thursday, April 16, 2009

Oakland, Easter, my Birthday and more

Last Saturday our friends Heather and Blair had suite tickets to the Oakland A's game and invited a bunch of us to join them. It was a beautiful day for baseball, even if it was in Oakland.








After the game, Todd and Nikki invited us all over for an impromtu rooftop BBQ. Their apartment is in Nob Hill, which offers some of the best views of the city.






After dinner, a spontaneous group karaoke session broke out. This is the highlight. And that should tell you all you need to know out the rest of the concert...


Of course I performed my signature leg-guitar maneuver


We spent the next day, Easter Sunday, working on the baby room. I built the crib we had picked up earlier in the weekend and Kate began the long process of putting up our wall graphics.








And no Easter at our house is complete without an amazing dinner prepared by Kate. We had pork tenderloin on the grill, au gratin potatoes, salad and a fantastic strawberry cake. The cake was the only thing we took a picture of - I don't know what we were thinking...


And for those interested, here's a profile shot of Kate - to give you an idea of how much Baby Davidson is growing. Still time to vote on what you think it will be (right hand side)


On Tuesday Kate planned a surprise dinner for my birthday. We finally went to the Woodhouse Seafood Co, a place I've been wanting to try for a long time - and she arranged for our friends to be there when we arrived. I don't know how she keeps doing it, but she surprised me again. You'd think I'd have learned by now.


$1 oyster night on my birthday. Doesn't get any better...

No comments: