Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Busy, busy!



Well, we have had a busy few weeks...

First, Mike had to go to Indiana for work for five LONG days. Walt and I survived, but just barely. Luckily, we had lots to do as we were in the process of interviewing nannies plus several friends stopped by to give me a hand (thanks especially to Kim and Heather). Every day I would inundate Mike's phone with update pictures like these:









After Mike returned, Walt and I left the next day for a week in Decatur with my parents. Originally, this trip had been planned to coincide with Mike's work trip (which would have been great!) but instead we had just one day with Mike before leaving. Walt, by the way, was a champion flyer--he slept the entire flight both times! Speaking of sleeping, he slept like a log in Decatur...I think it was hearing all the crickets outside.




Being in Decatur was great...my parents were a big help and I got lots of time to myself, which, after being on my own with Walt for a week was GREAT. My parents had borrowed all the baby gear we could need from their neighbors, which was handy; however, they have a little girl so it was all pink! Walt enjoyed it anyway.



He also enjoyed ceiling fans, which I don't think he'd ever seen before...here's a picture of him totally mesmerized.




We had LOTS of visitors...

My friend Laura came by with her baby, Luke



Uncle Chuck came over from Indianapolis



My grandad got to meet Walt and we got this great four-generation picture. Uncle Gary, Denise and Cindy all came by that night as well.



On Friday we went to...CHICAGO! I was so excited, I hadn't been back in a year and a half and, of course, Walt had never been. I think he enjoyed it; I know I did. We were able to visit my good friends the Butlers then Mom, Dad, and I enjoyed the terrific pizza at Piece, just like old times.



The only parking spot we could find in Bucktown was in front of my beloved old apartment on Honore, it was so great to see it!



Then I met up with my college friends Anna and Sarah, who I hadn't seen for years...it was great to catch up. On our way home that night we stopped at Steak and Shake--the perfect end to a great day.



Walt was so tired that he fell asleep in the bath that night.



Throughout the weekend we had more visitors--my cousin Kristi and her daughter, Mae and my dear friend Kristy and her daughter, Evie (below).



We were even able to sneak in a long walk and a game of frisbee.






The day before we came home, we went down to Collinsville to stay with my grandparents. Grandma was so excited to meet Walt!








And so was my cousin, Logan.






After we returned to SF, Mike's sister Lisa and her boyfriend came to stay with us this past weekend. Walt just loves his Aunt Lisa!




In honor of Lisa's birthday I baked a cake



We went up to Sonoma for a little wine-tasting. I got this great picture of Mike and mini-Mike in the Sonoma town square.





Can you believe this little guy is 12 weeks old? I sure can't! We spent Labor Day in the park with friends...here's Walt rolling around under a make-shift tent Mike built.

No comments: